Most of us want to spend our leisure time activity on online streaming. When we are in the home. But what about the time when you are not in your home and don’t have the access to your TV? That’s where the new Xfinity Stream app comes into the light, which is released by Comcast.
For those who don’t know what Xfinity is, it used to be an Xfinity Instant Tv. Which was streaming cable service only for the TV. You can have the access of local live channels and your favourite web shows. You can watch your movies through On Demand and DVR recording. But now this new app called Xfinity Stream opens many possibilities for the Smartphones, tablets and other operating systems. About which I will tell you in this article.
Key features of the Xfinity Stream
- You can have access to more than 200 live channels for News, sports, kids and other entertainments live. It will give you the same TV experience over the Wi-Fi and Cellular connection in the U.S.
- Customers with access to X1 and Instant TV Cloud DVR can schedule record their favourite movies and TV shows on the internet connection. Once downloaded, you can watch it offline from wherever you are.
- If you have previously purchased any movie On Demand, you can move these purchases right from the app.
- Being a customer, you can filter the “Genre and Available for download” of movies and shows while exploring the content.
- While finding the shows and movies, you can check if the content is available On Demand or airing soon.
Exclusive In-Home Features
There are some In-Home Features as well such as you can watch live streams from your entire lineup channel when on your in-home Xfinity network (devices connected wirelessly). And apart from that, you can filter the only content which included in your subscription with no extra charges and also you can stream rented TV shows and movies right to the app during the rental period.
Requirements of Xfinity Stream
Also, you have to complete some requirements to enable the features of Xfinity Stream app such as you should have a reliable Wifi or cellular network for video streaming and downloading and also if you want to watch live and On-Demand video, you should have a subscription of one more eligible channel.
How to get Xfinity Stream for the first time user?
- Download Xfinity Stream app from Apple App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon App Store or you can go to Xfinity’s official site to get the app on your system.
- Then, open the Xfinity Stream app on your smartphone.
- Next, you will find the two options for signing up either you are a student on campus or for Comcast business customer.
- Select “Yes” to agree with the terms of the app activation.
- If you are using the Apple device, the device name will be used automatically and if you are an Android user, then use the device name manually.
- Select “Get Started” to watch your movies and channels. You can swipe right to learn more about the Xfinity Stream app.
Some Accessibility Options:
There are some accessibility options which are provided in the Xfinity Stream app for various kind of viewers:
- Closed Captioning (CC): You can see an on-screen text version of the content audio while the program is playing which is also sometimes used in YouTube.
- Video Description: You can hear the audio of a program which will be provided with descriptions of the key visual elements of the program.
- Secondary Audio Program (SAP): You can hear the program audio in another language as well.
Parental Control Options
If there are some restrictions you want on your Xfinity Stream app then some parental control options are also given for your conveniences:
- Safe Browse settings: When browsing the programs, you can limit the program titles and descriptions.
- Enable Touch ID: If you don’t want anyone to interfere with your Xfinity Stream app without your knowledge, then you can put our fingerprint lock on the app,
- Networks and channels: You can block the programs shown on any channel or network.
- Titles: You can manage the programs you have specifically blocked.
- Movie Ratings: You can manage to block the movies based on their ratings.
- TV Ratings: You can also block the TV shows based on their ratings.
To set up the parental control, you have to select the Setting option from the bottom of the main menu and then select Parental control option where you will find all the options which are mentioned above.
Just to clarify, Xfinity Stream is available for both Android and iOS, so both users can have the access of this app with lots of great features whether they are interested in News or indulged in Music Genre and also for the people who spend most of their time in movies and Web series.
Moreover, Xfinity Stream app also lets you keep the privacy of your contents. That’s why it’s a great option for the people who want to watch live streaming channels and thousand of content. That’s all for now and if you have any queries, you can ask that in the comment section below.