Who would resist doing bargaining and saving some bucks? Everyone enjoys getting discounts, cash back, coupons, gift cards and rewards. No matter how small the amount of reward is, it never fails to delight us with a small smile. And Slickdeals brings millions of such smiles. Slickdeals are the coupons or sort of a promo code that deals with saving some amount for you. Saving does not always go with discounting, maybe you be gifted with a gift card to purchase something new. Or a cool and awesome deal in a decent resort. Or even a movie with discounted tickets.
What is Slickdeals?
Slickdeals is nothing but a promo code. The code or a coupon allowed to give a discount or some gift vouchers is Slickdeals. Now, what’s a big deal in it? Let us see in brief everything about Slickdeals.
How Does a Slickdeals’ Deal Make it to the Front Page?
The gadgets or appliances those have been searched a lot and are in a lot of demand do get noticed. Slickdeals ultimately get visibility by the following factors:
- Price history
- Customer reviews
- Expert reviews
If everything checks out to be good and fair in the research, the deal is then posted on the Frontpage
Why do Some Deals with a lot of Votes Not Make the Front Page?
There is a number of reasons behind why a popular deal may not appear on the Frontpage. Here are a few potential reasons behind it:
- The product or service may be limited in the availability. Some of the deals are region-specific, or limited in inventory.
- The deal might require price-matching from retail associates, which usually carries an uncertain outcome. These will typically be labeled as YMMV, which is short for “Your mileage may vary”.
- The post may be a PSA (public service announcement), announcing a price drop or a policy change, but not necessarily offering a deal.
Who Are the Slickdeals Editors?
The slickdeals’ team of expert Deal Editors are sourced from the community. The ‘now’ editore were all ‘then’ members who showed a knack for posting great deals for community members and offered insightful advice to users.
Each Deal editor is selected and chosen carefully to work on curating the Frontpage, and also to continue to find and share great deals based on their respective category expertise. The Deal Editor’s mission is to deliver the best content for the community.
What Is a Popular Deal?
The list of Popular Slickdeals is purely data-driven based. If a deal surpasses a certain threshold with respect to votes, clicks, and/or views, it is automatically marked as “Popular.” Frontpage Deals are usually those deals that are a popular one. So you can actually think of Popular Deals as a Frontpage Deals itself.
How Do I Post a Slickdeals?
You need to sign into Slickdeals account. Then, click the button that reads “Post a Deal,” which is in the upper right corner next to your profile picture. You will be redirected to a page titled “Post a New Deal” where you can draft a new deal thread.
How Do I Vote on a Slickdeals?
If you like a deal, simply click on the thumbs up. Otherwise, click on thumbs down. On a Frontpage deal tile, the thumbs are located in the lower right corner. On the deal details page, the thumbs are located below the deal description. If you want to take back your vote, click on the same thumb again. Kindly use the rating system in a responsible and genuine manner since it helps identify the good deals from the bad ones.
What’s the Difference Between a Deal and a Coupon?
More often the words are used interchangeably. However, there’s a difference. A deal is a discounted price on a product or subset of products, while a coupon is either a code or a printable voucher, which is required to be submitted or surrendered at the time of purchase. There are certainly variations and overlap between each offer type, but we use these definitions to determine what shows up in Hot Deals and what shows up in Coupons.
Can I Post the Slickdeals in the Forums, if I am a retailer?
Yes, Slickdeals works directly with you. The best way to connect with Slickdeals is to reach out to their Business Development team. They will be glad to work with you to deliver great deals for their community. Slickdeals, however, have strict rules against self-promotion, meaning we do not allow retailers to post their own deals, nor anyone associated with that merchant in any form. If all retail and merchant partners posted openly in Slickdeals forums, without any rules and regulations, it would change the quality of the deals on the site. That said, please feel free to reach out to the Slickdeals Business Development team to learn more about how you can work together more closely.
Why Do Certain Links Lead to a “Page not found” Page?
If you installed an adblocker, it will block certain links that Slickdeals site uses.
Do You Allow Manufactured Votes AKA Shilling?
Manufactured votes, also known as shill votes, are against the rules and are defined as any votes that are not made in a legit manner based upon the terms of the deal. Examples of manufactured votes include, but are not limited to, solicited, automated, fraudulent, or retaliatory votes. Slickdeals Editors may decide not to post a particular deal on the Frontpage if they suspect it of having manufactured votes. Moderators may also remove threads with suspected shill votes.
Repeat Abuse Could Result in-
- Suspension of the original poster’s (OP’s) account
- Suspension of the ability to vote for those involved in manufactured voting
- Suspension/banning of the store
What things should you keep in mind Before Posting Slickdeals?
Do not simply copy and paste the regular sales. Those aren’t really deal. Get a feel by searching through the forum of what are good prices for the items, and only post if its cheaper than the going price.
How to Start a Slickdeals Thread?
Once you have found a great slickdeals and done a research to find that the deal hasn’t already been posted. All you should do is to find the appropriate forum for the item. Most of the deals will fall under Hot Deals, some in Freebies and others in Free Digital Goods. Then click the New Thread button on the upper left of the forum and follow the instructions there.
What Information Should I Include When I Post a Deal?
Mention the title as clearly as possible. Keep the post followed relevant and understandable. General info to be provided is – expiration date of the coupon, minimum purchase requirements, site link, shipping and handling costs, and the coupon code. The more information you include, the better. Follow up if possible, so you can edit your post to include new developments.
Shortened Links and Crowdfunding Sites are not Allowed
The shortened link is not allowed. As they can be used mostly by the spammers. Crowdfunding sites are not allowed.
Why is My Post Not Showing?
Threads and posts from new members go through a moderation process to protect our members from spammers. How long it takes for your post to be moderated depends on how many moderators are on at the time and how busy they are.
How to Recognize Moderators/Admin/Staff?
The colored bars are only visible in Classic View. In other views of the site, badges indicating a moderator or staff account are all the same color.
- QA Team (light-green bar)
- Sr QA (dark-green bar)
- Moderator (light-green bar, moderates certain forums)
- Global Moderator (dark-green bar, moderates all forums)
- Front-page Deal Editors (purple bar)
- Sr Front-page Deal Editor & Global Mod (deep-purple bar)
- Administrator (red-bar)
- Staff (deep-red bar)
- Web Developer (blue-bar)
People who are bold aren’t necessarily mods, they could be people with >100 reputation points. Look under the bars for a unique moderator/administrator title. The bars are also uniquely colored, different from any other users. To find out who the mods of the current forum are, scroll down to the bottom, they’re listed there. Look at mine for an example of a Staff bar.
How to Reach Moderators?
The best way to get a hold of us is to private message us. We can also be reached by email, [email protected]
Is Trading Allowed?
Yes. Slickdeals have an official trading thread. Rules mentioned should be followed strictly.
What are Rules to Repost the Slickdeals?
If you got to repost, provide a link to the original post. Use ModAlert to report the post to the moderators if you spot any repost without the citation. It’s not considered a repost if the information is not part of the OP, FP or Wiki before the new thread is made.
Guidelines on Reposts
This is a deal site and people come here for the great deals. It is in the best interest of everyone that good deals get highlighted. Deals that get merged into a giant and general threads tend to get buried where no one will find it. Therefore, deals that moderators and/or a majority of users think are good will be kept separate from general sales and master threads. The moderators will also take time stamps into account when merging threads so if the original post is very old, it’s less likely they will merge. If the original post is not getting any good response within 3 days, a repost is not approved by the moderators.
Where to post a Slickdeals?
Deal requests and questions belong in the Help Me Find a Deal forum.
Deals that are free belong in the Freebie forum.
Free Magazines belong in the Free Magazine forum.
If you want to post something that doesn’t fit into any of the above categories try the lounge.
Note: Self-promotion & referrals are NOT allowed.
**Referrals are not allowed. This includes posting of referral links, asking for a referral, PMing referrals, having a referral link in your signature, or linking to any & all sites that contain referrals. It doesn’t matter what kind of referral it is or whether you both get something out of it. This is a zero tolerance policy
Slickdeals Coupon Rules
Please do not post scanned or altered manufacturer coupons.
- Top Rated Plus store rating with the 10K+ rating and 98% positive feedback
- Not Top Rated Plus Store with a 20K+ rating and 98% positive feedback + quantity >= 20 available. (cannot be smaller availability when posted). Expensive items such as a 4K watch or other in lower quantity will be the discretion of mods to allow or not.
- Deals posted from major corporate or manufacturer marketplace accounts (like Adorama Camera or the Jockey Store) as well as deals on the eBay Daily Deals page.
*If we have FPD the merchant in the past through another source we may opt to allow them to be posted again even if they don’t meet other criteria regarding eBay. We would have considered them a merchant in good standing to FP them the first time. Personal eBay listings are never allowed.
Amazon 3rd Party Merchants
- 3rd Party Merchants must have over a 1K Lifetime Seller Rating
- DEs and Slickdeals Staff have the discretion to post deals from sellers with a lower rating. This will only happen after they have thoroughly vetted the merchant. Once they have been posted by the DEs or SD Staff then we know they have been vetted and members are free to post them as well.
See the thread on new Amazon 3rd Party Merchants guidelines and discuss here
AliExpress Seller Guidelines
Deal Editors have the discretion to post deals from AliExpress sellers after they have thoroughly vetted the merchant. Moving forward, once that merchant has been vetted and posted by any of the DEs, then we know they have been vetted and members are free to post them as well.
Facebook Marketplace Deal Guidelines
As you may have noticed we have started seeing deals come through from Facebook Marketplace. These are the guidelines:
- Deals posted from major corporate or manufacturer marketplace accounts (like Adorama Camera, Daily Steals or Best Buy) will be allowed.
- If we have FPD the merchant in the past through another source we will allow them to be posted again. We would have considered them a merchant in good standing to FP them the first time
- Personal Facebook Marketplace listings are never allowed. Thread on this guideline.
Items from Adult stores
Slickdeals is a family site and we try to keep this at a pg-13 rating. That means any threads on sex toys will be deleted. Additional subforums for adult deals will not be created since we don’t want to be flagged as a pornography site by company filters.
Jokes & Off-Topic Threads
These types of posts do not belong in the Hot Deals forum. Price mistakes such as “$9,999,999 keyboard” should be posted in The Lounge. Chit chat is more than welcome in the Lounge and political discussion in the Podium. If it derails a deal thread, it will be removed.
We have updated the Mod alert system, now you can see any comments the moderator has made to the mod alert by going to quick links>mod alerts. If you feel something is against the rules, mod alert it instead of taking it upon yourself to correct the action.
General Ethics and Behavior to be followed while dealing with Slickdeals
- Treat other forum members with respect. Please don’t flame others. We are all here for the same purpose – to find deals and to share the deals we find. Remember you were new at one time too so please just help the new posters instead of flaming them for a mistake. They could go on to be one of the better deal posters.
- Filters are in place for a reason. purposely bypassing them is not allowed.
- Do not take private issues between mods and members public. This includes warnings, bannings, thread/post deletion questions, and posting your warnings. If you have an issue, PM a mod to get assistance. If you feel like a mod has made the wrong decision, feel free to appeal to other mods or contact the CRM
- Please refrain from using vulgar and/or explicit language.
- Illegal activities are not tolerated here so please do not tell us about them. This includes any form of piracy.
- Manufactured votes are against the rules and are defined as any vote made that is not made in good faith based upon the merit of the deal. Examples of manufactured votes include, but are not limited to solicited automated, fraudulent or retaliatory votes. Deal Editors may decide not to Frontpage a deal if they suspect a deal of having manufactured votes.
- Repeat abuse could result in:
- Suspension of the OP’s account.
- Suspension of the ability of those involved in voting for that OP.
While Replying to a Thread
When you want to reply to a message, either scroll down to the bottom of the page and type your message in your reply box. or you can click the post reply button after the last message on the box. the new thread button creates a new thread and just creates more work for the moderators.
- Reputation points are a measure of good posts in the deal and tech support forums. Some users wanted some way to distinguish between great deal hunters and people who post a lot in the lounge and podium. Begging for points is frowned upon. If you wish you can disable your reputation points by going to user cp-> edit options -> show my reputation level. Conversely, if your reputation is not enabled you can do so by doing the same thing. Under users, you can see who gave you your last 5 points and any comments they might have left behind. A grey box is from people who are newly registered to prevent people from creating additional accounts to give themselves reputation points.
- To give reputation points click either the user’s reputation points or the green box next to it.
- Reputation points are enabled only in the deal, deal discussion, and tech support forums (temporary sub-forums not included), trying to rep in other forums or in private messages will get you an error message.
- Reps cannot be required as part of a trade. If someone reps another as thanks for a trade, that’s fine, but you cannot ask for one.
- If you offer to rep in trade, that’s fine. If you say “reps appreciated, after trade complete”, that is fine.
If you were looking for a post/thread that is no longer there, odds are its been deleted. Feel free to pm a moderator to check. any thread asking why was my post deleted was this post deleted will be deleted.
Thread Crapping/ General Attitude
In an effort to regain the friendliness the forums had when it opened we are instituting a new policy against “thread crapping.” Thread crapping refers to any post such as this deal sucks, this isn’t a deal and so forth WITHOUT backing it up. If you back up your statements with reasoning or links that is perfectly acceptable. Anyone bashing these type of posts will have their posts deleted. This also refers to reposts. If the deal is a repost, simply mod alert the thread with the link. The search isn’t perfect, and reposts will happen. A simple mod alert and link can make it as painless as possible.
We are not trying to make it so you can’t post any negative comments. Posting just this deal sucks doesn’t help anyone. All it does is discourage the OP from posting deals again. Posting why something sucks can teach people more about the product and let them know what to look for in a future deal. Also, if a deal isn’t for you, doesn’t mean its a bad deal for someone else. An AGP slot is a must-have for gamers, but for people only using internet explorer and word, a 2-3 hundred dollar computer is more than adequate.
Remember, posting in a thread to say it sucks only bumps the thread and keeps it new. If you don’t post anything, it just fades away.
We will also not tolerate attacks against other users. You are all entitled to your opinions, but if you have a problem with another user on this board do it privately through PMs. Doing it in a public thread will get those posts deleted and you will be warned. Keep in mind that PMing someone to work out an issue is not the same as using the PM as a personal attack; the later will not be tolerated.
Threads in the deal section are designed for deal discussion only. There are other forums on this site dedicated for you to share your opinions from computers to politics to anything else. Check out the lounge, podium, and tech support forums. Any off topic discussion will either be deleted or split off and placed in the appropriate forum.
Users who violate this will have their posts edited/deleted and be warned.
Need Customer Service Help From a Merchant?
If the merchant name shows up it should link to their profile page. Please send them a Private Message and see if they can help you. Always make sure that the person you contact has the SD Verified badge. It means that Slickdeals did verify their connection with the merchant.
Slickdeals is simply a deal or a coupon meant to avail some amount of discounts or rewards. To know more about deals, kindly keep checking the merchant site. Slickdeals will never disappoint you. Do let us know if you have availed one already. Also, tell us about your experience with the slickdeals. For more such deals, coupons, and rewards related information, stay reading us.