There is nothing more annoying than an unstable internet connection during a deadline, project research, or while downloading important stuff. One such reason for the internet issue is “Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error” faced by ethernet users.
Recently, we discussed 4 solutions to fix DNS error for chrome browser, and today we will be writing down solutions to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error in Windows 10.
Why does Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error Happen?
The issue happens when the Network Interface Card attached to the router or Moden with the ethernet cable fails to get a valid internet protocol. A valid IP is required by the computer system to communicate with the router and access the internet.
The three main reasons why Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error Happen are:
- Faulty router
- Incorrect assigned IP to the computer
- Issues in NIC
The problem is temporary and can be fixed easily by you and there is no need to call the technician too. All you need to do this follow the 4 solutions below to fix the error permanently.
4 Methods to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error
1. Reinstall TCP/IP settings
The first solution for the error is to reinstall the TCP and IP settings of your current network. To begin, follow the set of instructions below:
- You need to right-click on the windows start menu icon and select Command prompt admin. This will launch CMD with admin rights and you will be able to pass commands directly.
2. Now copy and paste the command below as it is and hit enter.
netsh winsock reset
3. Now copy and paste another command as it is.
netsh int ip reset
4. That’s all you have to do to reset TCP/IP settings. You can now reboot your computer and let the following changes take effect.
2. Reset Network Settings
In this method, you do a complete reset of your network settings and renew it. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Launch command prompt with admin rights on your PC. You can it by simply following the steps in the first solution.
- The next thing you need to do is copy and paste the commands below one by one exactly in CMD and make sure you hit enter after every command you enter.
3. Launch CMD with admin rights once again and copy-paste the commands below one after the other and hit enter after each command.
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
4. That’s all you need to do, for now, make sure you reboot your PC after doing all this.
This method will surely fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error and you will be connected to the internet once again.
3. Disable & Re-enable Network Interface Card
Another solution to breakdown Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error is by disabling the NIC and enabling it once again. Let us quickly dive into the process of doing this.
- You need to open “run” on your PC, press Windows key + R to do that right away.
2. You now have to right-click on the active NIC that is facing the issue and click on the disable option.
3. Now right click on the disabled Network interface card once again and enable it. The NIC will start receiving an IP address, so you need to wait for a couple of seconds.
4. Launch CMD with admin rights on your PC, type in the following commands, and make sure you hit enter after every command.
You can now reboot your PC and let the changes take effect. In this way, Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error will be finally resolved.
4. Update Network drivers
Sometimes the Network driver card requires an update to function properly, outdated drivers may break the functions and cause internet error. In this case, you can update the drivers to the latest version.
- Hit Windows + r on your keyboard to open run and type devmgmt.msc to launch the device manager.
- Search for the network adapters and right-click on the outdated network adapter to update it.
3. Now click on the first option and let the system automatically update the driver for you.
4. Another way to check for the updates for system drivers is with Driver Easy. You can install the software from here.
5. Click on the scan now button and the driver easy will find the update for the outdated drivers. You can update the drivers right away and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect.
In this article, we penned down 4 working methods to fix Ethernet Valid IP Configuration error. We discussed why the error occurs and wrote down the detailed solutions with images wherever necessary. If the issue still persists for you, comment below with your query.