A lot of Chrome users often complain about facing dns_probe_finished_no_internet error while doing important work such as sending emails, project research, watching videos, or using social media on the browser.
Even when the world is moving towards the smartphones and handheld devices, computers still play a major role in our lives. We mostly use the computer for official or institutional work and prefer the chrome web browser.
Repeatedly getting dns_probe_finished_no_internet error may frustrate you and delay your important work but you don’t have to worry anymore. In this article, we will be writing down the methods to tackle down this problem and find a permanent fix for it.
You need to follow the 4 solutions below in their respective order to terminate the problem.
Why does DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet Error Happen?
Domain Name Servers or DNS is used to load websites from the host network and may fail to connect due to weak network, firewall, or loosen internet wires. It can happen due to other reasons as well and before trying a fix you should know the root cause of the problem.
The error happens because of:
- Misconfigured network
- Issues with DNS client
- Outdated Network drivers
- Outdated browsers
These are a few common reasons why this error happens, there might be more unknown reasons for DNS_Probe_Finished_NXDomain Error.
4 Working Method to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
Solution 1: Flush DNS
The very foremost and basic method to solve the DNS error is by flushing the DNS system of your computer. The command prompt tool will be required to do so, you need to follow the steps below to flush DNS.
- Click on the start icon on your computer or just press the Windows key on your keyboard and search for CMD.
- Once found, right-click on the program and run as administrator.
- The command prompt window will now open and all you have to do is copy the commands from below and paste it in the command prompt window.
ipconfig/release ipconfig/all ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/ renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
You can now reboot your PC and connect to the internet once again. Upon visiting the desired page now, you won’t be facing DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error anymore.
Solution 2: Use Google’s DNS
Sometimes the problem persists in TCP/IP4 Proxy Settings of your system which therefore results in DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error while browsing the internet. This can be fixed by reconfiguring the system’s network settings.
In order to reconfigure the TCP/IP4 proxy settings of your system, follow the sets of instructions given below:
- The first step is to right-click on the start menu icon and click on the Network connections option.
- Now Click on Change adapter options and right-click on the currently active network and select properties.
- After right-clicking, select properties look for TCP/IP4 option and double click on it and the properties window will open.
Change the DNS Server to the following:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- That’s all you have to do, you can now restart your computer and let the following changes take place.
Using Google’s DNS will help in solving the issue permanently for your system and you won’t be facing DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error again.
Solution 3: Updating System drivers
The next thing you should do if the solutions listed above didn’t work is updating the system’s network drivers. Sometimes an outdated network driver can cause issues with the network settings which then effect the overall connectivity of the device with the server.
In order to update the network drivers of your windows system, follow the steps below.
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R to open the run menu and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- Select the network drivers and right click on the specific driver that is currently in use.
- Click on Update driver and let windows search for the latest driver for your system.
4. In this way, you can update the other outdated drivers too, which helps in keeping your system running and free from issues.
If you find this complicated, you can use driver easy which is a software for detecting outdated drivers and finding an update for it right away. In order to do this, here’s what you need to do.
- Click here to download Driver Easy software for your windows Pc.
- Install the software after downloading and set it up for your PC.
- Click on the scan now button and let the software identify the outdated drivers on your system.
- Once the scan is complete, outdated drivers will be listed right in front of you. If there is a Network driver listed there, update it right away.
Updating drivers help in eradicating various issues from the computer. Outdated network drivers interfere with the internet connection and often become the reason behind DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error.
If your network cards are up-to-date and still facing issues while connecting to the internet, follow the fourth solution.
Solution 4: Restart DNS client
The fourth method to fix the DNS issue of your PC is by restarting its DNS client. This will help in removing the invalid configuration and solve the error.
Since, the DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet is a domain name system issue, resetting and changing the system DNS settings might help. This might set the invalid configurations to default and get rid of the error.
Follow the set of instructions below to restart your system’s DNS client:
- The first thing you need to do is click on the start icon located at the bottom left of the screen.
- Now search for CMD, right-click on it, and run as administrator.
- Upon performing the above step, the CMD window will open. You now have to copy and paste the following commands directly and hit enter.
net stop dnscachenet
That’s all you have to do. Once done, reboot your system and check if the error still persists. However, restarting the DNS client is the best solution to fix DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error.
Bonus Solution: Clear Browser Data
You do not have to smash your computer on the floor if DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet error still persists. We have one last solution for you before you set your computer on fire and lockdown yourself in the room.
Resetting the browser’s data may help in terminating the error in corrupted data files and cache systems. Clearing browser data will clear history, saved passwords, caches images, site data, and custom browser settings. You will also be logged out of your Google account.
Clearing browser data also helps in fixing Err_Cache_Miss error which happens due to a faulty cache system of the Chrome browser
In order to do so, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Chrome web browser on your computer system and type chrome://settings/ in the URL bar to quickly jump to settings.
- Now on the settings page, type Clear browsing data in the search box and click on the first option.
- Select advanced and check all of the options as we will be deleting the entire data of your browser.
- Once done, restart your browser and log in to your Google account once again.
- You can now try to visit any website and check whether the problem still persists or not.
That’s all you need to do to clear the browser data from your PC.
DNS_Probe_Finished_No_Internet is really annoying but can be fixed easily if you try out the solutions above. If nothing worked, you can switch to a different network and find out if the issue is in your network or system.
In this article, we penned down 4 solutions to fix the error and have also given a bonus tip that revolves around clearing browser data. If there is anything you need to know, comment down your query in the comment section.